Monday 13 August 2012

The Two Crowns

That night, I asked the Mother of God what was to become of me, a Child of Faith. Then she came to me holding two crowns, one white, the other red. She asked me if I was willing to accept either of these crowns. The white one meant that I should persevere in purity, and the red that I should become a martyr. I said that I would accept them both.

St M.M. Kolbe


Thinking over just-quoted words of St.M.M.Kolbe brings me to the following -- obvious, but at the same time forgotten -- conclusion: 
No matter whether you, my dear reader, are called to preserve purity of your mind (in the marriage) or mind & body(as a priest, religious sister, brother etc),  suffering may(and probably will) be the significant part of your way to the heavenly glory.

--
Tomasz, Racibórz +

No comments:

Post a Comment